Drumstick, Peas Poricha Kozhambhu
Recipe type: Curries
A delicious paratha recipe made with the addition of drumsticks and green peas.
- 5 drumsticks
- 100 gms fresh green peas
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 5 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 2 tbsp sambhar powder
- salt to taste
- 150 gms cooked toovar (arhar) dal
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ½ tbsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a few pinches asafoetida (hing)
- Pressure cook the toovar dal till soft and keep aside.
- Cut the drumstick in to 4 pieces each and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the urad dal and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Keep aside to cool.
- In the same kadai , heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and drumstick and green peas and saute for a minute.
- Add the tamarind pulp and sambhar powder and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.