Ghobhi Mushroom Chilli Fry
Recipe type: Curries
A Chinese recipe consisting of mushrooms, cauliflowers and chillies. Enjoyable to everyone. Can be eaten dry or with fried rice.
- 1 cauliflower
- 10 to 12 fresh button mushrooms (khumbh)
- 8 to 10 green chillies
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil and additional for deep frying
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder
- a pinch of M.S.G
- Wash cauliflower and break into mediumsized florets.
- Clean,wash and cut mushrooms intoquarters.remove steams,wash and chop green chillies.
- Trim wash & chop spring onions finely.
- Chop green chillies and keep seperately.peel,wash and chop garlic.
- Mix together cornstarch,half of the soy sauce,salt and green chillies and preaper a thick batter using water as required.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.dip cauliflower florest in this batter and fry till golden brown.drain and keep a side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute chopped spring onions.
- Add garlic and continue to saute on high heat till transulant.add nushrooms and cook taking care that mushrooms are not over cooked.
- Add remaining soy sauce,fried cauliflower,salt,white peeper powder and ajinomoto.
- Add remaining batter,cook till thick.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.