Recipe type: Curries
Egg-drumstick curry presents an unique curry recipe with the boiled eggs simmered in a coconut based curry with drumsticks. A South Indian egg curry recipe with a great taste and rich coconut flavours. Enjoy with rice or appams.
- 2 Drumsticks
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp urad dal(split horsebeans)
- 2 Curry Leaves
- ½ Onion chopped finely
- salt to taste
- wash , clean and cut the drumsticks into 2-21/2 inch size, add little water and salt to it and keep for boiling.
- in the meanwhile grind together coconut, red-chilli-powder, turmeric and cumin seeds coarsely.
- then add to it the chopped onions and grind once again into a medium consistency paste.
- now heat oil in a pan and season it with mustard seeds, urad dal, curry-leaves and onions.
- fry till golden brown and then add the ground masala paste and the boiled drumsticks.cover simmer it.
- after one boil open the lid and put the eggs where ever the water is boiling(or boil the eggs separately, cut them and put it).
- cover the lid and let it cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
- then slowly stir the curry and then switch off the flame.
- serve hot with rice.