Recipe type: Curries
U can deep fry aloo if u want.
- 500 gms cauliflower
- 250 gms potatoes
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp finely sliced ginger (adrak)
- ¼ cup curds (dahi)
- 2 to 3 green chillies ,slit
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania) leaves
- Parboil the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds. when they splutter, add the ginger. when the ginger begins to brown, add the yoghurt, a tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously till the fat separates between each addition.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes and green chillies. stir-fry the vegetables over high for 2-3 minutes till they get coated with the clarified butter. then add the chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. stir a few more times, till well mixed.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and let the vegetables cook till tender, stirring 2-3 times. takes approximately 45 minutes. serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.