Gutthi Dondakaya Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Gutthi Dondakaya Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Gutthi Dondakaya Curry recipes. Try this homemade Gutthi Dondakaya Curry cooking recipe at your home.
- ¼ kg dondakayalu. Chop ends
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 tsp grated jaggery
- Small lemon sized tamarind (soak in ¼ cup warm water)
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tbsps oil
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 crushed garlic cloves
- Few curry leaves
- 4 dry red chillis
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp urad dal/split gram dal/minapappu
- ½ tsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin, red chillis and urad dal and toast for 3-4 mts. make a paste along with onions, add salt. Stuff the nipped dondakayalu with the stuffing and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add mustard seeds and let them pop, add the cumin seeds and garlic and saute for a mt. Add the curry leaves and saut for a few secs.
- Add the stuffed tendli and the rest of the remaining stuffing. Place lid and cook on low heat. After 4- mts, uncover the lid and turn the pieces so that they cook all over. Cook for another 15 mts.
- Add tamarind extract along with ¼ cup of water. Let it cook on low heat with lid till the dondakayalu turn soft. Add jaggery and combine.
- After 4-5 minutes, uncover the lid and turn the pieces so that they cook all over. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off heat and serve with hot steamed rice.