Recipe type: Curries
Moolachi kadi, radish grated, tempered and cooked until soft in a delicious, creamy and slightly spicy besan and yogurt mixture. Moolachi Kadi tastes extremely good with hot steamed rice.
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Green Chillies, Crushed 1 Teaspoons
- Ginger, Crushed ¼ Teaspoons
- Garlic Cloves, Crushed ¼ Teaspoons
- Curry Leaves few Leaf
- Fenugreek Seeds Pinch
- Cloves 3-4 Numbers
- Cumin Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Whisked Yoghurt 2 Cup
- Radish, Grated 1 Big
- Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar Pinch
- Water As Needed
- Besan Atta (chickpea Flour) 1-2 Teaspoons
- Heat oil in a hot pan, add mustard seeds and they crackle add cumin seeds, cloves, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, crushed garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Add hing, turmeric, grated radish, salt to taste and pinch of sugar. Sauté all the ingredients and add little water, cover the pan with a lid and cook the radish until it is tender and soft. In a bowl, take a teaspoon of besan flour.
- add little water and make a fine paste. Add 1 tbsp paste into thick whisked yoghurt and mix well. Once the radish is soft, reduce the flame and slowly add the yoghurt stirring continuously. The besan helps in slightly thickening the gravy.
- Cook till you get a slightly thick consistency and switch off the flame.