coconut curd chutney recipe
Recipe type: Pickles
coconut curd chutney recipe – another variation of a delicious coconut chutney made with curd/yogurt. excellent with idli and dosas.
- main ingredients:
- ½ cup grated coconut, fresh/frozen
- 4 tbsp roasted chana dal/ roasted husked bengal gram
- 4 tbsp yogurt/curd
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies – depending on the heat in the chilies you can alter the quantity
- 5 to 6 tbsp water for grinding the chutney
- salt as required
- for tempering
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1-2 dry red chilies
- 1 tbsp oil
- in a bowl first whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- take the coconut, roasted chana dal, ginger, green chili and water in a chutney grinder. grind till the whole chutney mixture is smooth.
- mix the chutney with the whisked yogurt. season with salt and keep aside.
- heat oil in a small pan. first crackle the mustard seeds.
- then add the red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- fry for some seconds till the curry leaves start to become crisp. make sure the red chilies don’t burn.
- pour the tempering into the chutney and stir.
- serve the coconut curd chutney immediately with idli, dosa, uttapam or medu vada.