Fresh turmeric pickle recipe
Recipe type: Pickles
fresh turmeric pickle - a quick and easy pickle with just three ingredients.
- 250 gms raw fresh turmeric (kachche haldi)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large lemons/nimbu - yields a bit more than ½ cup lemon juice or add more if required
- rinse the turmeric roots first in water.
- then peel them and chop them into small pieces.
- extract the juice from the lemons and keep aside.
- in a bowl add the turmeric, salt and lemon juice. stir everything well.
- spoon everything in a clean sterilized jar.
- close the jar with its lid and keep it in the fridge for 6 days.
- shake the jar everyday. after 6 days, the pickle is ready to be served.
- serve a very small portion, about ¾ to 1 tsp of the fresh turmeric pickle with any indian meal.
- this turmeric pickle stays good for about 2 months in the refrigerator.
the lemon juice should completely cover the turmeric, otherwise the pickle may get spoiled.