Recipe type: Pickles
Ginger chutney is commonly known as allam (ginger) pachadi. Ginger is the vital ingredient in this recipe but yet its flavor is not overpowered and is well balanced with all other ingredients. The pungency of ginger is well blended with the spiciness of green chillies and sweetness of coconut . Inclusion of little lime juice gives tanginess to the chutney to boost the Vitamin C up.
- Ginger (grated) 250 Grams
- Salt To Taste
- Channa Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Fenugreek Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Sesame Seed Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Tamarind Juice 1 Cup
- Jagerry 3 Tablespoons
- Heat sesame seed oil in a pan add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds,
- channa dal, grated ginger, cook this till golden in colour, add hing (optional), salt,
- tamarind juice, chilly powder,
- cook it till tamarind raw flavor is gone,
- add some jagerry, cook for 5 minutes switch off the flame. Serve this with dosa idly,
- curd rice, and upma also.