Vankaya Batani Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Vankaya Batani Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Vankaya Batani Curry recipes. Try this homemade Vankaya Batani Curry cooking recipe at your home.
- ½ kg white brinjals, washed, cubed and soaked in water
- 1 cup green pea
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tbsp finely grated ginger
- 6-8 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- 2-3 dry red chilies tear
- 12-15 curries leaves
- 3 medium onions, grated
- 3-4 green chilies, crushed
- 1½ tbsp oil
- Par-boil the cubed brinjals and green peas adding a little salt, turmeric powder and about a big cup of water. Strain any left over water once the vegetables are par-boiled. Discard the strained water if you feel the brinjals might be bitter.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel and add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Next add the cumin seeds, dry red chillis, curry leaves, garlic and ginger and toss them about for a few seconds.
- Now add the green chillis and onions and saute them till transparent.
- Add the par-boiled vegetables and salt, combine and cook uncovered for 5-7 mts on medium heat. Add a few tbsps of water, reduce heat and cook covered for another 12-15 mts or till the curry is done.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot chapattis or white steamed rice