atte ka halwa recipe
Recipe type: sweets
atte ka halwa – a smooth sweet pudding made with whole wheat flour.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- ⅔ to ¾ cup ghee
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar or as required
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp whole cashews, optional
- heat the ghee in a kadai or pan.
- take the sugar and water in another pan.
- keep this pan on a medium to high flame and let the solution come to a boil.
- after keeping the sugar and water in the other pan, add the whole wheat flour to the hot ghee in the kadai or pan.
- fry stirring continuously till the color changes of the flour and you get the aroma of roasted whole wheat flour.
- keep on stirring to ensure even browning.
- in the meanwhile keep your eyes also on the sugar solution.
- if the mixture starts to boil, then lower the flame and let it simmer.
- the atta or whole wheat flour should turn golden and give a good fragrance. plus also begin to release ghee.
- increase the flame to high for the sugar solution to bubble and when it starts to bubble in a matter of seconds, immediately add it to the hot semolina mixture.
- be careful as the mixture has the tendency to splutter.
- continue to stir with all your hand force, so that no lumps are formed.
- the halwa will absorb water and continue to thicken quickly.
- keep on stirring. so that lumps are not formed.
- when its semi thick or thick like a sooji halwa, switch off the fire.
- serve atte ka halwa hot or warm.