Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
You know you’ve seen them at the store during holidays like Valentines’ Day or Mother’s Day…beautiful bright red strawberries covered in rich chocolate. Then, you look at the price. Wow! That’s really expensive! Try this easy Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe and you won’t believe how inexpensive they are to make. In case you’re wondering, Dad (or hubby) will surely love this special treat for Father’s Day!
- Good quality Strawberries – 1 lb, washed and dried completely
- Chocolate Chips – 1 cup, any kind (semi-sweet, milk, dark, white, etc
- Oil – 1 Tbsp or as needed
- White Chocolate Chips – handful
- Oil – 1 tsp, or as needed
- Line a large baking tray or plate with parchment or wax paper (foil will work but parchment/wax is the best choice)
- In a double boiler (pot of simmering water with another bowl or pot over the simmering water), add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp Oil. (Note: Oil improves the texture and more expensive chocolates do not need as much oil)
- Allow the chocolate chips to sit for about 1 minute and then whisk until a smooth chocolate sauce forms. Remove pot from the stove.
- Hold each strawberry by its green stem and dip it into the chocolate sauce to cover all sides but leaving a little red visible at the top.
- Shake off excess chocolate and place strawberry on the parchment paper lined tray. Continue with all of the strawberries making sure they don’t touch each other on the tray.
- Place White Chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second increments until melted. One tsp of oil may be added to get drizzling consistency.
- Dip a fork into the white chocolate sauce and drizzle it over the strawberries, creating a back and forth design.
- Keep the strawberries in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to set and harden the chocolate.
- Arrange strawberries on a platter and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator. Must be consumed within 1-2 days.