Eggless Chocolate Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Many vegetarians and vegans often miss out on holiday cakes because they are made with eggs. Here is a wonderfully simple recipe for an Eggless Chocolate Cake.It is also great for those watching their cholesterol. It’s perfect for the holidays…enjoy!
- All-Purpose Flour – 1.5 cups
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 3 Tbsp, sifted
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Oil – 5 Tbsp
- White Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Cold Water – 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl, add Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt. Mix well.
- Add in Oil, Vinegar, Vanilla Extract and Water.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a hand blender until there are no more lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan, two inches deep.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (approx 180 degrees C) for about half an hour. Poke a toothpick or fork into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before flipping it over onto a platter.
- Cool completely if you want to apply frosting, else serve with a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
1. For a variation, we used Mango pulp (10tbsp) instead of the cocoa and vanilla essence….and it was just divine!