Eggless Fruit & Nut Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Aahh! The holidays are here! There is nothing like the tantalizing aroma of fruit cake filling the air. Try this simple, no fuss eggless fruit and nut cake recipe and share the warmth of the holidays with family and friends. Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Water – 2 cups
- Dried Cranberries – ⅓ cup
- Dried Apricots – ⅓ cup, chopped
- Raisins – ⅓ cup
- Butter – 1 stick (1/2 cup)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Rum or Brandy – few teaspoons, optional
- All-Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1¾ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ¼ cup, chopped
- Pecans – ¼ cup, chopped
- Almonds – ¼ cup, chopped
- Cashews – ¼ cup, chopped
- Candied Orange Peel – few (optional)
- In a small sauce pan, add 2 cups Water, Cranberries, Raisins and Apricots. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour water with fruits into a large mixing bowl.
- Add Butter and mix until melted. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add Vanilla Extract and Rum or Brandy (optional) and mix.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a separate bowl, combine All-purpose Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Soda, Cinnamon Powder and Nutmeg Powder.
- Slowly incorporate (fold in) the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in Nuts and Candied Orange Peel.
- Pour mixture into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 30 minutes and flip out onto a baking rack to further cool.