Brown rice salad with soy dressing
Recipe type: Appetiser
Asian flavours spring to life in this healthy rice salad with crunchy vegetables.
- 1½ cups brown basmati rice
- 420g can soya beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, cut into strips
- 100g baby corn, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- ¼ teaspoon wasabi paste (optional)
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Step 1
- Cook rice, following absorption method on packet, until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add soya beans, carrot, peas and corn.
- Step 2
- Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and wasabi in a jug until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.