Guacamole, A Mexican Side Kick!
Recipe type: Appetiser
Guacamole is a great addition to a Mexican meal, it adds a great dimension and a flavor that is unparalleled to anything else. The smooth texture of avocados, the medley of color and an amazing flavor are all brought together in this one side dish! Enjoy this Guacamole recipe as a dip with tortillas chips or as an accompaniment to your Mexican fare.
- Avocados – 2
- Tomatoes – ¼ medium, chopped
- Onions – ¼ small, chopped
- Jalapeños/Serranos – to taste, chopped
- Cilantro – 5-6 sprigs, chopped
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Lime Juice -taste
- Cut and peel the Avocados and take the flesh out in a bowl.
- With a fork mash it up a little, be careful not to overdo it. It needs to have a little texture.
- Add in the following: Tomatoes, Onions, Jalapeños, Cilantro.
- Squeeze some Lime Juice into it and mix.
- Add in Roasted Cumin Powder, Salt and Black Pepper and mix well.
- Chill and serve as a dip with some chips or as an accompaniment to a Mexican meal.