Hakka Rice Noodles
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
Children will love these appetising and healthy rice noodles tossed with vegetables and bean sprouts.
- 2 cups rice noodles
- 2 cups mixed vegetable ( carrot, cabbage, capsicum )
- 1½ tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup sliced spring onion whites
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 to 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour, dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
- ¾ cup chopped spring onion greens
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Place the noodles in a deep vessel and pour 2 cups of boiling water over them. Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and spring onion whites. Add the vegetables, bean sprouts and soya sauce and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, corn flour solution, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add the noodles, spring onion greens and sugar and toss lightly.
- Serve hot.