Healthy Kale Chips
Recipe type: Appetiser
How many of you are sticking to your New Year’s resolution to eat healthy? Well, here is a simple recipe for Kale Chips that will satisfy your cravings for snacks and help you keep that resolution. Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is super rich in antioxidants and definitely a great addition to your diet.
- Kale – 1 bunch, washed well and shaken dry
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp or to taste
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Break Kale leaves into 3 to 4 inch pieces, discarding the tough middle stem.
- In a small bowl, mix Olive Oil, Chaat Masala, Red Chili Powder and Salt.
- Pour mixture over Kale leaves and rub gently so that all leaves are lightly coated with the oil.
- Arrange the leaves in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until leaves are lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Allow chips to cool completely before eating.