Recipe type: Appetiser
Imagine Tandoori – just healthier…and prettier…and yummier and so different! Impossible, right? Well, wait till you try the Tandoori Broccoli! Finger-licking good is the only way we can describe this Tandoori Broccoli Dish. Serve it up as an appetizer or as a side to a meal and WOW everyone.
- Broccoli Florets – 1lb (approx)
- Pot of Boiling Water
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- For the Marinade:
- Thick Yogurt – 1 cup
- Pickle Pieces – few and to taste, chopped
- Pickle Masala – 1 tbsp
- Panch Puran Masala – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Salt – if needed
- Cut Broccoli into Florets.
- Boil a pot of Water.
- Add in Salt and Turmeric Powder and mix.
- To blanch, drop the Broccoli into the Water gently. Press to submerg in completely.
- After 2 minutes, transfer the Florets into an Ice Bath.
- Once cooled, drain out the Water.
- Next, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Taste test to adjust any seasoning.
- Gently toss the Broccoli in the marinade and mix.
- Prepare a Bloiler pan and preheat the oven on a “Broil-High”.
- Coat the Pan with a cooking spray.
- Spread the Florets on the pan in a single layer without overcrowding.
- Place the pan close to the top element in the oven.
- Broil till there is a a little caramelization.
- Take out and pransfer to a serving tray.
- Garnish with Lime juice and/or Chaat Masala.
- Serve hot as a side or as an appetizer.