Recipe type: Appetiser
This Marinated or Pickled Mushroom Recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that is great for parties and is a sure crowd pleaser. We love the fact that this easy Marinated Mushrooms Recipe can be made a day or days ahead and requires no cooking. Now if only all party menus could be like this…hmmmm.
- Mushrooms (baby bellas, cramini) – 12 oz, cut to bite size
- Garlic Cloves – 5 -6 large
- Fresh Basil Leaves – handful, chopped
- Red Chilli Flakes – to taste
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or to taste
- Italian Seasoning – 2 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – ½ cup
- Wipe dirt off the Mushrooms with a damp towel or paper towel.
- Cut to bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix balance of the ingredients and whisk till incorporated well.
- Add in the Mushrooms to the marinade and mix.
- All the Mushrooms need to be coated in the Oil.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Next day, they are ready to be served or to be stored.
- Mix well before serving.
1. Serve as is with a toothpick or in sandwiches, on pizza or in pasta. 2. Shelf life is about 10-14 days in the refrigerator. 3. Best to use good quality mushrooms.