Mung Daal Khichadi
Recipe type: Appetiser
The ultimate Indian comfort food, Khichdi is an easy, healthy and satisfying dish. Try it with Gujarati Kadhi – Yum!!
- Basmati rice – 1 ¼ cups
- Mung Daal – 1 ¼ cups
- Water – 5 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Haldi (turmeric) – ¼ tsp
- Hing (asofoetida) – 1 pinch
- Wash Rice and Mung Daal with water until water runs clear.
- In a pressure cooker, add Rice, Mung Daal, Water, Salt, Haldi and Hing – mix well.
- Pressure cook until one whistle sounds and immediately turn off heat.
- Wait until pressure from cooker is gone before opening cooker lid.