Refried Beans, Mexican Cuisine
Recipe type: Appetiser
Wholesome and hearty, tasty and flavorful Refried Beans can make the dish! An essential part of a Mexican meal, it is used in a lot of different dishes – Enchiladas, Tacos, 7-Layer Dip, Nachos… only to name a few. Great way to add in the proteins to your diet. Enjoy a great addition to our Mexican Cuisine.
- Canned Refried Beans – 2, 16 oz cans
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 1 medium, chopped
- Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
- Taco Seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Water – ¼ cup or as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon/Lime juice – to taste
- In a pan, heat Oil on medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the Onions and the Green Chillies.
- Cook till the Onions get a little color.
- Add in the Taco Seasoning and mix.
- Add a little Water to avoid the spices from burning and cook.
- Add in the Beans and mix well.
- Add in Salt and Lime/Lemon Juice and bring to boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, take it off the flame and it’s ready to serve.