Vietnamese Stir-Fry Noodles
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
A mélange of mixed vegetables and sauces, adds a twist to this simple yet mouth-watering noodle preparation.
- 2 tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup sliced onions
- 1 carrot, peeled, blanched and cut into jullienes
- 4 to 5 baby corns, chopped into 25 mm. (1") pieces
- ⅓ cup broccoli florets
- 2 tsp shitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water and sliced
- ½ vegetarian seasoning cube
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- 2 cups Boiled Noodles
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, baby corn , broccoli and mushrooms and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and vegetarian stock cube and bring to boil.
- Add the Oyster sauce, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, sugar, cornflour mixture, salt and pepper. Mix well and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Add the noodles and toss well.
- Serve immediately.