Recipe type: Curries
This dish goes well with chappathis and curd rice
- 1 lb. Chicken(preferably breast pieces)
- 2 tsps. Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsps. All spice powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander powder
- 2 nos. Onion
- 4 nos. Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsps. Turmeric Powder
- 10 leaves Curry Leaf
- wash chicken breast pieces and then cook it well in a pressure cooker along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistle and then keep it on low flame for 5 minutes. Sieve this mixture through a sieve, shred into small pieces and save the chicken stock for a smacky soup or it can later be added into the mixture for tasty gravy. Keep it aside.
- In broad pan heat oil, fry the onions till it turns transparent and a slight brown tinge appears on it, add curry leaves and the remaining powders mentioned above. Mix it till the spices blend well with the onions and till it gives its aroma.
- Lastly add the cooked shredded chicken into the blended spices with onions and mix well.
- Add a bit of stock so that the chicken gets cooked further amongst the spices.
- At the end when all done let it get fried on high flame till some of the chicken pieces go brown.