Chicken and peanut noodle stir-fry
Recipe type: Curries
Cook like a MasterChef and whip up dinner in a flash with this simple and satisfying chicken & peanut noodle stir-fry.
- 650g chicken breasts, thickly sliced (see note)
- 2 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 300g dried rice stick noodles
- 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 60g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 75g (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- Bean sprouts (optional), to serve
- Step 1:
- Combine chicken and red curry paste in a bowl.
- Step 2:
- Add noodles to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Drain, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) cooking water.
- Step 3:
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add 2 tbs oil and half the chicken, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Tilt the wok and use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Step 4:
- Add the remaining 2 tbs oil and onion to the wok and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add sugar and stir for 2 minutes, then stir in fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Step 5:
- Return all chicken to the wok. Add noodles, spinach and peanuts, and toss to combine. Whisk egg and the reserved cooking water in a bowl and add to the wok. Stir for 1 minute or until combined. Top with bean sprouts, if using, and serve with lemon wedges.