Dum Kebab (Meatloaf) Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Looking for an easy, no-frills recipe that is simply delicious? Try this Dum Kebab recipe, our version of Indian meatloaf. The beauty of this versatile recipe — mix all the ingredients and bake! Cut it into small pieces and serve with a toothpick for a no-fuss, make ahead appetizer. Cut it into larger pieces and use it as a stuffing in pita bread for a filling lunch. So many possibilities!
- Lean Ground Beef – 1 lb (1/2 kg)
- Yogurt – ⅔ cup
- Eggs – 2, beaten
- Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp
- Meat Tenderizer – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Fried Onions – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro (Coriander) – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Lime/Lemon Juice – for garnishing
- Spray Cooking Oil – to coat pan
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a bowl, add Beef, Yogurt and Eggs. Mix well with hands.
- Add remaining ingredients except Lime/Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Coat a pie dish or baking pan with spray cooking oil.
- Add mixture to the pan and flatten it out (evenly).
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting to desired size pieces.