Recipe type: Curries
Calling all Kebab fans… Here is super simple and utterly delicious “must-try” recipe for Reshmi Kebab. Bite size pieces of chicken are marinated in a fresh and flavorful mint cream sauce. You can grill the kebabs on skewers in your oven or barbecue grill. Don’t worry if you don’t have an oven or grill. We’ll show you how to make them on the stove as well. Enjoy!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken – 1 lb (approx ½ kg)
- Heavy Whipping Cream – ½ cup
- Ginger/Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Ground Mint Leaves – 1 Tbsp
- Ground Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 1 Tbsp
- Ground Green Chilies – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients EXCEPT Chicken.
- Taste the mixture and adjust salt before adding chicken.
- Add Chicken and mix well.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4-6 hours (overnight if you have time).
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 1-2 hours.
- Pierce the chicken onto the skewers and place on a baking sheet lined foil and spray coated with oil.
- Broil in the oven on High (on top shelf) for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and continue to broil for another 5 – 7 minutes, until light brown.
- Alternate Cooking Method:
- Add marinated chicken with all of the sauce (marinade) into a hot non-stick pan.
- Cook uncovered and stirring continuously until chicken is light brown (caramelized).
- Turn off stove. Cover the pan and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.