Lucky Chicken 13
Recipe type: Curries
If you’re looking for a dry chicken recipe with a lot of flavor, try Lucky Chicken 13. Cilantro (coriander), whole black peppercorn and worcestershire sauce give this dish a rich, dark color and plenty of umph! Enjoy it with some roti or chapati!
- Chicken – 2lbs (approx 1kg), cut to desired size
- Oil – 2 Tbsp (divided)
- Whole Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Onions – 2 medium (approx 1lb/500g), chopped
- Ginger – 2 inch piece, roughly cut
- Green Chilies – to taste, roughly cut
- Garlic – 5 large cloves
- Cilantro – 1 cup, packed
- Worcestershire Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch piece
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add Whole Black Peppercorn and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies. Saute until onions are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow onions to slightly cool.
- Grind onions with Cilantro (coriander) and worcestershire sauce to a fine paste.
- In the same non-stick pan, add remaining 1 Tbsp Oil and heat.
- Add Bay Leaf, Black Cardamom and Cinnamon Stick. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground onion paste and salt. Mix and taste mixture and adjust salt if necessary.
- Add Chicken, mix well, cover and cook until chicken is done. Stir in between.