Peanut Sesame Chicken
Recipe type: Curries
Most of the Chinese chicken dishes calls for frying the marinated chicken and then coating the chicken with a sauce. So when it comes to Chinese dishes, Ruchulu.com dare to try mixing the fried chicken in different kinds of condiments. This time We tried adding peanuts and sesame seeds to the fried saucy chicken. After adding them, We sauteed the chicken for few minutes, the aroma that came out of the dish itself was enough for me to know that this chicken dish is going to taste great. We wasn't wrong and the dish tasted phenomenal that we tend to make this quite often.
- Chicken, boneless or bone-in, cut small- 1 pound
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Ground pepper- 1 tsp
- Egg white, beaten- of 1 egg
- Corn flour- 2-3 tbsp dissolved in 4 tbsp of cold water
- Vegetable oil- for deep frying the marinated chicken
- Other Ingredients while sautéing the chicken:
- Sesame oil- 2 tbsp
- Ginger, chopped- 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped- 1 tsp
- Red chilly flakes- 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup- 4-5 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1 tsp
- Water- 3 tbsp to thin down the sauce
- Peanuts- ¼ cup
- Sesame seeds, roasted- 3 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 1 handful
- Clean the chicken under running water and marinate the chicken with the above mentioned ingredients for marinating the chicken except the vegetable oil for 10-15 minutes.
- Fry the chicken in vegetable oil until it turns crispy and golden in color, keep aside on a paper towel.
- Heat a non-stick pan in medium heat, add the sesame oil.
- To the oil, add the chopped ginger, garlic and fry till it starts to turn golden.
- Now, add the red chilly flakes and saute for a second, don’t burn it.
- Immediately, add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce and saute for a minute.
- Add water to thin down the sauce and combine well.
- Add the fried chicken to the sauce and coat the chicken evenly with the sauce.
- To the chicken add the peanuts and the roasted sesame seeds.
- Saute for few minutes and add the chopped cilantro to it.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving bowl and serve hot with plain rice or fried rice.
If you are allergic to peanuts, replace it with cashew nuts or almonds. This is a dry dish and can be mixed with plain or fried rice to make a complete meal.