Apple and Lettuce Salad with Melon Dressing ( Iron Rich Recipe )
Recipe type: salads
The best way to replenish our body’s water and electrolyte needs is through fresh servings of fruits and vegetables. This recipe calls for a wide assortment of fruits and vegetables tossed together in a refreshing musk melon dressing. Very healthy, extremely enjoyable!
- To Be Blended Together In A Dressing
- ½ cup muskmelon (kharbooja) purée
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) , crushed
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup thickly grated carrot
- ¼ cup capsicum (red and yellow) cubes
- ½ cup chopped apples
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped grapes
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion greens
- salt to taste
- Put the lettuce, cabbage, carrots and capsicum in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. This will make them crisp.
- Drain, wrap in a muslin cloth and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Toss the apples in lemon juice and refrigerate till ready to use.
- Combine the lettuce, cabbage, carrots, capsicum, apples, bean sprouts, grapes, spring onion greens and salt together in a bowl and mix gently.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.