Bean Sprouts and Vegetable Salad ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
Recipe type: salads
The moment you glance through this recipe, you will surely notice that all the ingredients are healthy ones – broccoli, bean sprouts, lettuce, one beats the other in healthiness! broccoli is rich in vitamin c, a and cancer fighting phytonutrients. Bean sprouts, lettuce and all the other health-boosters make this a nutritious, low-cal, tasty and crunchy salad. For blanching broccoli and mushrooms, boil a vesselful of water, add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain and put it into a vesselful of cold water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Strain and discard the water. You can also use baby corn instead of mushroom.
- For The Dressing
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (lehsun) , finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 1 cup broccoli florets , blanched
- 10 mushrooms (khumbh)
- 4 to 5 crisp lettuce leaves
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1 red capsicum , deseeded and cut into slices
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- For the dressing
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mortar and pound to a coarse paste using a pestle (khalbhatta). Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain and put into a vesselful of cold water for 10 minutes. Strain again and discard the water.
- Cut the mushrooms into thick slices and keep aside.
- Put the lettuce in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. This will make them crisp.
- Drain and arrange the lettuce leaves at the bottom of a large salad bowl. Keep aside.
- Combine the mushrooms, onions, celery, broccoli, capsicum and bean sprouts together in another bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and toss well.
- Spoon the salad over the lettuce leaves and serve immediately garnished with coriander.