Fig and Almond Salad
Recipe type: salads
Don’t forget to try this recipe when fresh figs are in season! the figs are tossed in with cubed apples and cucumbers, with blanched almonds thrown in for a nice bite. Lemon juice, fresh pepper and sugar make a heady dressing. Pass it around and enjoy.
- 6 firm fresh figs (anjeer) , cubed
- 2 cucumbers , cubed
- 2 apples , cubed
- ¼ cup almonds (badam) blanched , peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1 cup lettuce leaves , torn into pieces
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 drops almond essence
- salt and to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and toss well with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Dried figs that have been soaked overnight can be used when fresh figs are not in season.