Potato and Chana Salad ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: salads
A perfect healthy way to satisfy your craving for spicy foods. Chana apart from being rich in vitamin b3 (niacin), its high protein content also lends an additional vitamin b3 during the process of digestion. Go ahead and enjoy this quick salad.
- 1 cup boiled and peeled potato cubes
- ½ cup kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing
- 3 to 4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- a few mint leaves (phudina)
- Clean, wash and soak the kabuli chana in enough water overnight. Drain well.
- Add enough water and a little salt and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles or till the kabuli chana is cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain well.
- Combine the kabuli chana and potato in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate till chill.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint leaves.