Macaroni Salad with Sour Cream
Recipe type: salads
A different way to use up pasta in a salad! macaroni is cooked al dente and mixed in with cucumber, celery, spring onions and green capsicum. The dressing is what makes this salad unique – with cream, curd, milk and mustard powder mixed well and tossed into the salad it adds a nice creamy texture to the dish. Macaroni salad may not be very high on visual appeal, but it is definitely a satiating and delicious salad.
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing (makes Approx. 1 Cup)
- 1 cup curds (dahi)
- 1½ tbsp fresh cream
- 3 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder , readily available in the market
- Other Ingredients
- 1½ cups boiled and chopped macaroni
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery (ajmoda) stalks
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions whites
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- ½ cup finely chopped capsicum
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.