Sweet Lime and Pepper Salad
Recipe type: salads
Simple, quick and easy, this salad can be prepared in minutes. Capsicum is a much ignored salad vegetable that has been combined with lots of colours and flavours which perfectly complements the delicate flavour of sweet lime. This salad is a great accompaniment for a continental main course and is also a good choice for takeaway lunches. To keep salad fresh and crisp add salt just before you eat it. This is because salt in a salad draws out all the water from the vegetables and leaving them limp.
- 1 cup sweet lime (mosambi) segments
- 1 cup yellow and green capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce , torn into pieces
- 1 cup cucumber cubes
- To be mixed into a dressing
- ½ tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- ½ tsp black pepper (kalimirch) powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and chill.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Serve immediately.