Recipe type: Appetiser
Tri-Color Bell Pepper stir fry dish is a colorful and healthy way to enjoy your vegetables.
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1 (diced into 1″ squares)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 (diced into 1″ sq.)
- Green Bell Pepper – 1 (diced into 1″ sq.)
- Tomato – 1 medium (diced into 1″ sq.)
- Cucumber – 1 (peeled and cut into 1″ sq.)
- Red Onion – 1 small (diced into 1″ sq.)
- Green Chili – 1-2 (finely chopped) – optional
- Cilantro – 10 springs (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Tandoori Masala – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Dried Cranberries – ¼ cup
- Heat Oil in a large wok on med-high flame.
- Once Oil is hot, add Onions, Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- Saute for 3 to 4 mins., stirring continuously.
- Add Chaat Masala and Tandoori Masala and mix well.
- Add Bell Pepper and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Cucumber and Lemon Juice, mix and turn off the flame.
- Add in Salt and mix well.
- Top with Cranberries and Cilantro, toss lightly and serve hot (or cold)!
Do not overcook the onions…they need to retain their crunch to really enjoy this dish. Use just one color bell pepper if all 3 colors are not available. This is a great dish when you are hungry but want something really healthy.