Kandi Podi toor dal spice pdr
Recipe type: Pickles
Kandi podi is prepared of dry roasted dals (lentils) with other spices to give a nice aromatic fragrance and delicious to eat with plain rice and ghee (clarified butter).
- Toor Dal 1 Cup
- Red Chillies 10-15 Numbers
- Channa Dhal Or ½ Cup
- Dhalia (fried Channa Dhal) 1 Cup
- Garlic 3-4 Clove
- Curry Leaves Few
- Hing pinch
- Add red chilli whole (depending up on your taste buds)
- Add 1 cup of Dry toor dal
- Add few cumin seeds, dry roast them till the toor dal is slight reddish in color
- Add either ½ cup of channa dhal OR Add 1 cup of Dhalia
- Add 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- Add curry Leaves (optional)
- Add Hing (optional)
- Make sure that all the ingredients are nicely cooked in a very slow flame, to ensure, just fold the red chili and it should break in to pieces in no time. If all the ingredients are cooked good they can be powdered easily.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool for 10 mins
- Grind them in to a fine powder.