Sautéed Snow Peas and Bean Sprouts
Recipe type: Curries
Sautéed snow peas and bean sprouts is made by tossing snow peas and bean sprouts with stir-fried garlic and soya sauce. You must look for very tender snow peas, as it will be used fully without chopping.
- 1 cup snow peas , cleaned
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 4 to 5 garlic (lehsun) , chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a pinch of crushed black pepper (kalimirch)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Then add the oil and heat for some time.
- Add the garlic cloves and stir for a few seconds.
- Then add the snow peas, bean sprouts, soya sauce, peppercorns and salt and toss well.
- Serve hot.
Instead of snow peas, try using french beans or sliced courgettes.