Vegetables in Green Gravy
Recipe type: Curries
A bouquet of colourful veggies spiked up with coriander-green chilli paste and mellowed down with soothing coconut milk, vegetables in green gravy is indeed a great accompaniment for roti and rice. It tastes so exquisite no one will guess it took you just 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup mixed vegetables , chopped
- ¼ cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 cup coriander (dhania) leaves , chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 green chilli , chopped
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup milk
- a pinch of sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- You can take cauliflower, french beans, carrot, capsicum as mixed vegetables.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and cook all the vegetables in it. Drain and keep aside.
- Grind the coriander, garlic and green chilli into a smooth paste.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan and add the ground mixture to it.
- Stir and add the coconut milk, milk, sugar, vegetables, paneer and salt and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.