Apple Rabdi ( Fast Foods Made Healthy Recipe)
Recipe type: Dessert
Low fat milk thickened with apple. The addition of nutmeg and cardamom blends well with the subtle flavours. Try not to peel the apple, as much of the fibre is present in the peel and just below it. Select sweet apples for this recipe, as sharp apples can split the rabadi bitter and so render it useless.
- 3 cups low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
- ¾ cup grated apples (with skin)
- ¼ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- a pinch of nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- 1 tsp sugar substitute
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan and simmer it for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the grated apple, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and nutmeg powder, mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Once the rabadi¸ has been cooled, add the sugar substitute, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.