Recipe type: Dessert
Bananas Foster is a scrumptious dessert that is usually made with bananas, brown sugar, butter and a bit of rum. See what a green chili and a little coconut milk can do in this Bananas Foster with a surprise twist recipe! Impress your holiday guests with a dessert that is fit for a gourmet restaurant but takes you under 10 minutes to prepare!
- Banana – 1, ripe but firm (sliced thick at a diagonal)
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Green Chili – 1 or to taste (slit)
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Rum – 2 Tbsp
- Coconut Milk – ¼ cup
- Ice Cream – 2 to 4 scoops (vanilla or coffee works well)
- Place Sugar and Green Chili in a heavy bottom skillet on medium heat.
- Once Sugar starts to melt, muddle the chili to release flavor.
- When most of the Sugar is melted, stir the mixture and continue to cook until the Sugar turns a nice caramel color (total process should take approx 5 minutes).
- Add Butter and mix.
- Add sliced Bananas and mix to evenly coat.
- Add Rum and tilt the pan slightly over the flame so that the bananas catch the flame.
- Once the flame dies down, add Coconut Milk and allow the sauce to thicken a bit (bananas should not get too mushy).
- Pour Bananas and sauce over a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.