Recipe type: Appetiser
Vegetable Quesadillas are a wonderful vegetarian menu choice at Mexican restaurants. Now, you can enjoy this Tex Mex favorite at home with your choice of vegetables.
- Oil – for sauteing vegetables
- Green (Spring) Onions
- Tomatoes – diced
- Bell Pepper – diced
- Green Chilies – finely chopped
- Spinach – chopped
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic Powder – to taste
- Red Chili Flakes – to taste
- Flour Tortillas
- Cheese (your choice -Cheddar/Monterrey Jack/Colby)- shredded
- Oil – for pan frying
- Use as much or as little of the vegetables as you prefer.
- Heat Oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add all of the vegetables and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Salt, Garlic Powder and Red Chili Flakes.
- Continue cooking until most of the juices dry up. Keep mixture aside.
- Heat Oil in a non-stick skillet
- Place one flour tortilla over the oil and immediately flip over.
- Cook until light golden brown.
- Flip over and spread cheese over the tortilla.
- Spread vegetable mixture over the cheese.
- Cover with another tortilla.
- Spread a little oil over the top of second tortilla and flip over.
- Cook until tortilla is light golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters and serve hot with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.