Beetroot Salad (Kosambir)
Recipe type: Appetiser
Beetroot (aka red beet or beets) is a nutrient rich vegetable which is known for its benefits with cardiovascular health and hypertension. Try this simple yet delicious and colorful beetroot salad recipe that can be a wonderful accompaniment to your meal.
- Beetroot – 1 lb (1/2 kg), peeled and shredded
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup, roughly crushed
- Cilantro (Coriander) – 5 sprigs, chopped
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Onion – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Lemon/Lime Juice – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and chill for 1 hour.