Cabbage and Capsicum Kachumber
Recipe type: salads
Cabbage and capsicum kachumber, it is vitamin c rich kachumber due to combination of cabbage and capsicum. Lemon juice in the recipe adds little tanginess to the salad.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup sliced capsicum
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp coriander (dhania) seeds powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cabbage, capsicum and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander seeds powder and lemon juice, mix well and cook on slow flame for more 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve immediately.