Citrus Salad ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
Recipe type: salads
Citrus salad, macaroni, veggies, sprouts and fruits combine in a refreshing mint flavoured curd dressing creating a wholesome salad. Keep hunger pangs at bay and get back to shape!
- To Be Mixed Into A Mint Dressing
- ¾ cup thick fresh low-fat curds
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina) leaves
- ¾ tsp mustard powder
- ¾ tsp powdered sugar
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- ¼ cup cooked whole wheat pasta
- ½ cup chopped coloured capsicum (red, yellow and green)
- ½ cup chopped carrots, blanched
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup orange segments
- ½ cup sweet lime (mosambi) segments
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
Whole wheat pasta is nutrient and fibre rich, however (if you do not find whole wheat pasta replace it with macaroni). Vegetables and fruits added along with it balances the nutrient quotient of this salad.