Cucumber Carrot Salad
Recipe type: Appetiser
Resh cucumber and carrot is chopped into strips. A dressing is made by grind the coconut and yogurt with green chiles. The chopped veggies are mixed with dressing and seasoned with oil infused with whole spices. Serve cucumber carrot salad immediately.
- Cucumber 1 Medium
- Carrot 1 Large
- Yogurt 3 Tbsps
- Grated Coconut 5 Tbsps
- Green Chiles 1 – 2
- Cilantro few Sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Urad Dal ¼ tsp
- Oil 1 tsp
- Remove stems, wash and slice the green chiles.
- Wash, discard stems and finely chop cilantro.
- Lightly peel, remove ends, wash and chop cucumber into around 2 inch thin strips.
- Peel, remove ends, wash and chop carrot into around 1 inch thin strips.
- Grind coconut, yogurt, green chiles and salt into paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped cucumber, carrot and cilantro.
- Pour the ground coconut paste onto the chopped cucumber.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add all talimpu ingredients in order.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering, remove from heat and add it to the above mixing bowl.
- Stir well and remove the cucumber carrot salad into serving bowls.
- Serve immediately or serve the cucumber carrot salad chilled.
Make sure cucumber is not bitter before adding to salad. Suggestions: Adjust the coconut yogurt dressing and also the green chiles according to taste.