Kulith Salad ( Protein Rich Recipes )
Recipe type: salads
Kulith salad, the nutrient content and digestibility of pulses increase manifold when sprouted. It is not surprising then, that the protein-rich horse gram is used in the sprouted form in this recipe. Paneer adds to the protein content, while tomatoes, green chillies and coriander give the salad a tangy freshness.
- ¾ cup boiled kulith (horse gram) sprouts , refer handy tip
- ½ cup chopped paneer
- ¾ cup finelychopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Serve immediately.
To make ¾ cup kulith sprouts, soak ¼ cup of raw kulith in enough water overnight. Next day, drain it and place it in a sieve and cover with a wet muslin cloth. Keep aside for 10 to 12 hours till enough shoots show up. Keep refrigerated and use as required. You can store the sprouts in bulk in refrig