Mango Salsa (Fresh Mango Salad)
Recipe type: Appetiser
When Mangoes are in season, make the most of it” and that is our mantra! Salads, desserts, curries, ice-creams – go all out and have a Mango-fest :) This salsa is not from Indian Cuisine but the flavors are right on and fit so beautifully into it. Another amazing dish showing-off the diversity of the King of Fruits.
- Ripe Mango – 1 cup, cubed
- Red Bell Pepper – ½ cup, diced
- Onion – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Jalapenos – to taste, chopped fine
- Cilantro – to taste, chopped fine
- Mint – few leaves, chopped fine
- Roasted and Powdered Cumin Seeds – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Lime or Lemon Juice – to taste
- In a bowl, mix in all of the above ingredients.
- Toss and chill for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with some Tortilla Chips, tacos, salad or an accompaniment with grilled food.
This salad goes so well with an Indian meal and is very similar to Kachumber.