veggie salad recipe
Recipe type: salads
healthy and light summer salad with fresh raw veggies and nuts and seeds.
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized cucumber
- 1 small tender white indian radish
- 1 large tomato
- 2-3 spring onions
- 1 or 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews or whole cashews
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachois
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- salad dressing
- ½ or 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3-4 fresh italian basil, chopped
- herbes de provence as required
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery
- salt and pepper as required
- firstly rinse all the veggies. peel and chop the carrots, radish and cucumber.
- chop the tomatoes. finely chop the spring onions. take all the veggies in a bowl.
- heat a pan and dry roast all the dry fruits till crisp and lightly browned. keep aside.
- in a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients well for the dressing. pour the dressing in the bowl containing veggies.
- toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. sprinkle the roasted seeds and dry fruits.
- serve the veggie salad immediately.