Glass noodle salad
Recipe type: salads
Brighten up the evening with this Asian salad that's a beautiful mixture of colours and textures.
- 250g dried mung bean vermicelli noodles
- 200g Thai marinated tofu, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, shredded
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain in a fine sieve. Transfer to a large bowl. Add tofu, carrots and snow peas.
- Whisk soy sauce, oil, sugar and garlic powder in a bowl until well combined. Pour over noodle salad. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Toss gently. Serve.